Property Sale Conveyancing Service
If you own a property anywhere in mainland Spain, the Balearic or Canary Islands, Legalanswers can provide you with a comprehensive conveyancing service when selling your property.
What will we do?
- We will ask you to provide us with relevant documents related to your property.
- We will check the registered ownership of your property and check if any charges or encumbrances are registered against it.
If our investigation reveals any issues, we will advise you on what these are and how best to resolve them to ensure that your sale goes through as quickly and as smoothly as possible. We may have to quote separately for resolving certain issues.
- We will draft the sales contract. It will clearly set out what you want to include in the sale price.
- We will provide the buyers representative with all the necessary documents related to the property, together with the sales contract that we have agreed with you.
- If you have a mortgage on the property we will liaise with your mortgage provider.
- We can represent you at the completion meeting that takes place in front of the Notary if we have a Power of Attorney for you.
Our standard sales conveyancing service legal fee is charged at 1% of the sale price, with a minimum fee of 1,500 euros. We may be able to offer you a fixed or discounted fee depending on where your property is located, the sales price, the number of properties you are selling or if we are acting for you on another matter. We will always provide you with a clear written quote of our fees.
Remember that if you are selling a property in Spain and you are going to purchase another, we can provide you with a comprehensive property purchase conveyancing service in addition to your sale.
When selling a property in Spain there are different tax obligations that you will be subject to dependent on your residency status within Spain. By using a qualified property lawyer you will be safe in the knowledge that your tax obligations are being dealt with correctly.